Friday, November 23, 2012

Bricklin's Thanksgiving Day Feast

If there is one thing Bricklin should be extra thankful for, it's that she is so dang cute. It makes her little mishaps much more easily forgiven.

In all seriousness, I am so thankful for everything, including my two sweet bulldogs.

This year, I wanted to venture out for the day with my mom to visit some out of town family. My boyfriend Andrew was sweet enough to agree to come check on Hudson and Bricklin a few times during the day so that I was able to travel. Both my pups love him, so I was able to enjoy my day worry free.

Around 5:30, I got a call. I believe Andrew's words were "I think I messed up." The story goes a little something like this...

Bricklin was given her food - 3/4 cups - first after being taken out. While she's occupied, Hudson went out. Hudson got his food, one cup. I guess Hudson walked away from his food (sometimes he doesn't like to eat as early as 5 and sometimes he likes to be leisurely with his eating) and - don't blink - his food was gone. Sure enough, Bricklin had eaten all of her food AND all of her brother's food.

It was all I could do but just laugh. My little puppy weighs about 13 pounds, and she consumed almost 2 full cups of food in a matter of minutes. That is so Bricklin.

What else can you do at that point? I figured she'd poop a lot, maybe throw up any food she couldn't keep down, but surprisingly, she didn't seem bothered by it at all. She even ate another half cup when I got home at 9:30. Meanwhile, Hudson ate an entire serving without picking his head out of the bowl. He wasn't going to let his sister get his food this time!

Needless to say, Bricklin definitely feasted just like most of us humans did yesterday, and stuffed herself all full of food. Thankfully, she eats the puppy version of Hudson's food, Wellness Core. The ingredients are pretty much identical, so she didn't face too much tummy upset. Again, lucky little girl, she has much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment